Here will be a configuration form
SRCCC Non-Comp Race 1
The SRCCC committee has put together a race-meet structure that will allow us to get some racing happening while abiding by current COVID restrictions. When we set out to make this happen, we decided to work within the following framework:
- A transparent system that was fair and equitable to all club members.
- Abide by current COVID restrictions that would pass any level of scrutiny.
- Set up a structure that would keep us all in touch with racing to ramp up to full race-meets once restrictions lift entirely.
With that in mind, we have decided to run the following race-meets for the foreseeable future.
- 20 drivers maximum. Tickets will be available online on a 1st come, 1st serve basis.
- The event is only open to current SRCCC members.
- Two marked pit areas. Groups of 9 drivers will be designated to a pit area and must not enter the other throughout the race meet. Each pit group will be assigned a gate which they will use to enter the race track area.
- Two race control personnel permanently stationed within the race track area.
- A maximum of 10 people is allowed in the race track area at any given time.
- Each heat will be limited to 5 drivers.
- Three people will marshall the heat.
- Plus the 2 race controllers.
- We are running 2wd and 4wd buggy classes. Mod and Stock will be combined and race together.
- Heats will be seeded based on Autumn Series points. Mod drivers will automatically be in heat 1.
- The race meeting will comprise of 2 qualifying heats and 3 finals.
We believe this format will be fun and enable us to get out there racing again. The expectation is we will run these style of race meetings regularly until Ryde Council announces the next level of COVID restrictions.
On a final note:
- The expectation is that everyone is available to help with track preparation and general setup. So, please only register if you can be at the track by 2 pm to help get things ready for racing. Note, that track prep will be limited no more than 10 people in the track area at any given time. However, we can share the load among the two groups.
- Race fees will be $10 for one class and $15 for both classes.
- Races are independent and not part of the club Autumn series.
- The first race meeting is Saturday, 30th May 2020.
- We will post registration details in the next few days.
- The race results will be broadcast to LiveRC.com.
- Club members that miss out on the first race meeting will be given priority for the 2nd one.
We are looking forward to seeing you all on the race track.
|* Bathrooms||* Electricity|
|* Kids Play Area||* Lap Counting System|
|* Lighted Track||* Outdoor Offroad|
|* Pets Allowed||* Trailers Allowed|
|* Transponders Available|
Race: 2014 Colonel's Winter Classic: RESCHEDULED
Track: Phil Hurd Raceway
Race: North Florida R/C Racers United, 1st Annual Family Reunion
Track: Shiverville Speedway